“Good sex begins when your clothes are still on.”
-William Masters & Virginia Johnson
What is Sex Therapy?
Sex Therapy is psychotherapy with a specially trained clinician that addresses sexual issues and problems with intimacy. We have received additional post-graduate training beyond what is required of your average therapist. This gives us more knowledge of human sexuality and the cognitive processes that impact it.
Sex therapy is always in the form of talk therapy and does not involve touching or demonstration between therapist and client.
Sex influences our intimate relationships, our self-image, our emotions, our physical health and more. Sex Therapy addresses sexual functioning while exploring the client as a whole and the environment that has shaped you.
We have a positive outlook on sex and the health and personal benefits it provides that enhance the human experience. We are accepting of all sexual minorities, orientations and gender identities.
We rely on an integration of traditional talk therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, Systemic and Psychodynamic theories.
We utilize talk therapy within our safe, supportive and comfortable office to foster communication and openness around your sexual experiences in combination with specially designed exercises for you to do at home to help increase your ability to relax and to confidently engage in sexual interactions.
We understand that it can be difficult to talk about sex so our initial goal may be to increase your level of comfort with sexual thoughts and discussions. We aim to improve communication so that you can resolve the breakdowns that happen in and out of the bedroom and increase understanding of yourself and your partner as sexual beings.
After the first session, we want you to walk away with hopefulness that your problems can be resolved and give you tools you can start to use right away.
Our work is about building relationships with our clients in order to develop the trust and collaboration necessary to meet each individual’s or couple’s specific needs. The causes of sexual issues or dysfunctions are complex and the effects they can have on your relationship, your self-image, and your overall well-being can be just as complicated. We believe its essential to address the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of sex and sexuality in order to help you achieve your goals and repair the damage that may have impacted your self-image or your relationship.
Issues We Treat
- Lack of intimacy
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Diminished sexual arousal or desire
- Imbalance between partners’ levels of sexual desire/ incompatible levels of sexual desire between partners
- Interference of outside stressors
- Difficulty communicating your wants and needs in the bedroom
- Painful intercourse
- Inability to enjoy intercourse
- Childhood sexual abuse or trauma
- Sexual body image issues
- And more…
Benefits of Sex Therapy
- Restoration of wholeness and well-being
- Increase fulfillment, enjoyment, pleasure, confidence through sexual interactions
- Increased comfort with sexual expression
- Improved relationship with ourselves and our bodies
- Expansion of sexual knowledge and self-awareness
- Increase in emotional connection and intimacy
- Improved communication of sexual needs and desires
To schedule an appointment please CLICK HERE.
For Sensual Mindfulness with Bubbles Exercise CLICK HERE.